Annual Crimestoppers' statistics
Currently, as a result of the information you give us:
The following statistics are Crimestoppers official year-end statistics, from April 2011 until the end of March 2012, and reflect results based on anonymous information Crimestoppers has received.
Number of people arrested and charged by crime type:
Since Crimestoppers started taking your anonymous calls in 1988, we've received more than 1.3 million calls with useful information which have led to:
- 117,000 people being arrested and charged with offences including murder, rape, drug dealing, burglary, robbery and theft – over 900 people alone with murder
- £123 million of stolen property being recovered
- Drugs with a street value of over £270 million being seized
As you can see, your calls do make a difference!
Since the Most Wanted website was launched in November 2005:
- Over 8,000 appeals have been featured
- 1,666 suspects have been arrested and charged (21%)
Read Crimestoppers annual statistics from April 2010 to March 2011. During the 2010/11 23 people were arrested every day as a result of information passed to Crimestoppers.
Sirazul ISLAM - Wanted for Failing to answer bail - Sexual Assault
Offence: Sexual crime
Offender failed to answer bail to be charged for sexual assault.
13-year old Amir Ramadin lives in a housing estate in London. He most fears knife crime in and surrounding his school. One of his classmates brought a...