We believe that people and their communities have the right to live without crime and without the fear of crime.
When crime does take place, we believe that anybody who knows those responsible should go to the police. However, many people who want to take action are close to the criminal and fear retribution. Crimestoppers offers them the secure means for them to get that information to the police, making their families and communities safer.
Our vision is for everybody in the UK, and everybody who knows anything about crimes that affect the UK, to know and trust Crimestoppers and for us to make sure we have the capability to receive the information from them, and pass it to the appropriate law enforcement agency, guaranteeing the security of the caller, through anonymity.
We define ourselves by the following values. These core characteristics explain who we are and how we should be seen by others.
Above all else, everybody must trust us and have full confidence that we will protect their anonymity, manage the information they send us properly, and be available to receive their information at all times.
Effective and business-like
Working with the police and other partners, we are known for getting results that make a real difference in the fight against crime, particularly serious crimes that harm people. We conduct our business, fully compliant with every regulation, in a modern business-like manner, striving to be a model of best practice and proud of our efficiency and effectiveness.
We are realistic, but not sensationalists. We ‘tell it like it is' and our honesty is well-respected. We're not afraid to deal with the real life issues facing our hundreds of callers every day.
We are apolitical; we do not comment on government policy, or the police and we do not judge our callers, or anybody in the criminal justice sector. We only do what we are good at: receiving information anonymously from members of the public to pass on to the police to solve crimes.
Our mission is to provide a means to detect, reduce and prevent crime through the provision of information about crimes and criminals to the law enforcement agencies from anonymous sources.
Our core activities
This is what we will continue to do in order to achieve our vision.
- Promote the anonymous phone number – 0800 555 111 – to ensure that everybody is aware of the anonymous service we provide
- Encourage people to give information about crime to us, through the phone number or online
- Pass that information to the right law enforcement agencies, in a timely manner, to a high standard, that meets their objectives
- Help to reduce crime by running projects and campaigns in communities most affected by crime
- Reassure the general public, by increasing the number of criminals detected due to information we receive, and by engaging them in our campaigns and activities
- Fund, run and administer the charity to the highest standards
Sirazul ISLAM - Wanted for Failing to answer bail - Sexual Assault
Offence: Sexual crime
Offender failed to answer bail to be charged for sexual assault.
PC Beshenivsky was shot dead on 18 November 2005 as she and a colleague responded to a robbery at a travel agents in Bradford. A week later, the polic...