Sussex's greatest to be jailed for Crimestoppers
Sussex Crimestoppers and the atmospheric Old Police Cells Museum, the museum of Sussex Police located below Brighton Town Hall, joined together to hold a major fundraising event on 10 February 2010.
Some very notable members of the Sussex 'scene' generously offered themselves up to be arrested on trumped up charges and jailed in the old cells in the museum where they remained incarcerated until they each raised a substantial amount of bail money for their release. The money raised was split equally between charity Sussex Crimestoppers and the Old Police Cells Museum which is currently seeking charitable status.
The internees included:
- Peter James, best selling crime novelist and co-patron of Sussex Crimestoppers
- Martin Richards, Chief Constable of Sussex Police
- Martin Perry, Brighton & Hove Albion's chief executive
- Dr Laurie Bush, chairman of the Sussex Police Authority
- Michael Chowen, deputy Lord Lieutenant
- Hugh Burnett and Bill Shelford, past and present High Sheriffs
- Graham Baldock, from Legal & General,
- Mark Eteen, director of Sassco
- Anne Busfield, general manager of the Brighton Hilton Metropole Hotel
- Peter Jukes, Chairman of the Central Sussex Bench
- Garry Peltzer Dunn, deputy mayor of Brighton & Hove
- John Barradell, the city council's Chief Executive
- Alex Bailey, Head of Law
- Keith Ring, ESFRS Brighton & Hove Borough Commander
- Juice FM
Supporting the event were Mr Peter Field, Lord Lieutenant of East Sussex, and Dame Vera Lynn, co-patron of Sussex Crimestoppers.
The old police station below Brighton Town Hall was the main police station for Brighton from the 1830s to 1967 and is steeped in history. The first Chief Constable, Henry Solomon, was murdered in his own office there and his ghost reputedly haunts the building. The cells walls bear the graffiti of the mods and rockers era and the whole aura presents an unique snapshot in time with a fantastic collection of artefacts and memorabilia.
Sirazul ISLAM - Wanted for Failing to answer bail - Sexual Assault
Offence: Sexual crime
Offender failed to answer bail to be charged for sexual assault.
In the ten years Dev Chakraborty has been involved with West Country Crimestoppers, he has used his background in marketing and media to advise West C...