Crimestoppers and London Clubs International Partnership renewal
Independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers and leading casino company London Clubs International, (LCI), have today renewed a 15 year long partnership to tackle UK crime. [10 December 2012].
Through continued sponsorship from LCI, the charity will continue to see communities and business premises made safer for members of the public and staff through crime fighting initiatives.
The on-going support from this partnership shows LCI’s commitment to keeping gambling safe and free from crime and disorder.
Roy Ramm, Governance and Public Affairs Director for London clubs International, said;
"In once again renewing our association with Crimestoppers, London Clubs has underscored how important we believe is partnership between business and the wider law enforcement community.
“Crimestoppers has now matured into one of the most effective investigative tools available to the police investigating really serious crime and we're proud to support it."
Anamari Bishopp, Head of Development for Crimestoppers, said: “We are most happy to continue forward with the support of London Clubs International. Putting a stop to all types of crime through passing on information is important to us and we will endeavour to make this as easy as we can for the public, our valued partners and their customers.
“We encourage all legislation to be upheld including supporting the objectives of the Gambling Act which is of particular importance to this partner so we continue to will do all that we can to increase the information we receive around this area of crime.”
For further information please contact Crimestoppers on 0208 835 3727.-Ends-
For further information please contact Kieran Theivam, Media Officer for Crimestoppers on 0208 835 3727 or Kierantheivam@criemstoppers-uk.org
Notes to editors
- Crimestoppers is an independent charity which helps the police to solve crimes, making communities safer. It does this by operating the 24/7 telephone number 0800 555 111 which people can ring to pass on information about crimes anonymously. They can also use our ‘giving information’ form via our website www.crimestoppers-uk.org which can also be accessed by internet-enabled mobile phones.
- London Clubs International, part of Caesars Entertainment, is one of Europe’s leading casino companies, offering a diverse portfolio of entertainment, gaming, restaurants and bars at locations throughout the United Kingdom, South Africa and Egypt.
- Around 22 people are arrested and charged every day as a result of information given to Crimestoppers.
- Since Crimestoppers began in 1988, it has received over a million actionable calls, resulting in almost 118,000 arrests and charges. Over £124 million worth of goods has been recovered and over £271 million worth of drugs has been seized.
- In 2005, Crimestoppers launched the UK’s Most Wanted on its website which allows the public to view images of criminals and pass on vital information about their whereabouts. It has been highly successful with over 1,700 arrests to date.
- Crimestoppers UK was founded by Lord Ashcroft, KCMG, Chairman of Trustees. In 1988, he launched Crimestoppers in the Metropolitan Police area. Crimestoppers’ ‘call to action’ is built on a three-way partnership between the business community, the police and the media.
Charity number: 1108687
Sirazul ISLAM - Wanted for Failing to answer bail - Sexual Assault
Offence: Sexual crime
Offender failed to answer bail to be charged for sexual assault.
PC Beshenivsky was shot dead on 18 November 2005 as she and a colleague responded to a robbery at a travel agents in Bradford. A week later, the polic...