Crimestoppers and the Association of Convenience Stores offer reward of up to £50k reward for information on retailer murder in Paisley
Crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers, the Association of Convenience Stores and Scottish Grocers Federation are offering a reward of up to £50,000 for crucial information leading to an arrest and conviction of the person/s responsible for the murder of Javaid Ali, of Sunshine Grocers on Green Street, in Paisley, Renfrewshire. [6 July 2012]
On Friday 15 June 2012 Mr Ali was seriously attacked and stabbed by an unidentified assailant/s in his shop, situated in the Foxbar area of Paisley.
Mr Ali was taken to the Royal Alexandria Hospital where he remained in a critical condition for two weeks, before passing away as a result of his wounds on June 29.
Kate Jackson, National Manager for Crimestoppers, said: “This was a heinous crime and for this person/s to attack this shopkeeper so violently in his own establishment is a truly shocking crime.
“We are offering a reward of up to £50,000 to anyone who can supply us with information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person/s responsible for this offence.
“I hope the offender/s will be swiftly brought to justice and would urge anyone with information to contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through our secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken and communication routes are not traced or recorded – no one will know who you are.”
The son of Mr Javaid Ali, said: “Our family is absolutely devastated at the loss of my father. My dad did more than just own a business in the local area; he was an integral part of the spirit which keeps a community alive. I would urge anyone who has information to come forward to the police or the charity Crimestoppers.”
ACS Chief Executive James Lowman said “For a retailer to be killed while just trying to do their job is horrific and tragic. The whole of our membership wants to come together to support the police in catching and convicting those responsible, and we hope that by offering this reward we can assist in the culprits being brought to justice.”
If you have any information on this incident please contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
*Only information coming through the anonymous 0800 555 111 number will qualify for a reward.
**The incident is being investigated by Strathclyde Police.
If you require any more information on Crimestoppers please contact Media Officer Kieran Theivam on 0208 835 3727 or email Kieran.email@example.com
Notes to Editors
• Crimestoppers is an independent charity which helps the police to solve crimes, making communities safer. It does this by operating the 24/7 telephone number 0800 555 111 which people can ring to pass on information about crimes anonymously. They can also use our ‘giving information’ form via our website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
• Around 23 people are arrested and charged every day as a result of information given to Crimestoppers.
• Since Crimestoppers began in 1988, it has received over a million actionable calls, resulting in over 115,000 arrests and charges. Over £122 million worth of goods has been recovered and over £232 million worth of drugs has been seized.
• In 2005, Crimestoppers launched the UK’s Most Wanted on its website which allows the public to view images of criminals and pass on vital information about their whereabouts. It has been highly successful with over 1,000 arrests to date.
• Crimestoppers UK was founded by Lord Ashcroft, KCMG, Chairman of Trustees, who in 1988 launched Crimestoppers in the Metropolitan Police area. Crimestoppers’ ‘call to action’ is built on a three-way partnership between the business community, the police and the media.
Sirazul ISLAM - Wanted for Failing to answer bail - Sexual Assault
Offence: Sexual crime
Offender failed to answer bail to be charged for sexual assault.
14-year old Jordan Murphy goes to a local youth group where he learns about rap and music. He finds it a positive way to express his anger. He's t...