Crimestoppers offer reward of up to £3,000 for information on Nottingham pub shooting
Crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £3,000 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the shooting of a woman in Nottingham. [11 December 2012]
The reward being offered by the charity is to back a re-appeal for information issued by Nottinghamshire Police yesterday (Monday 10 December).
The 22-year-old woman was seriously injured when a weapon was fired into the rear garden of the Vernon Pub, in Vernon Avenue, Old Basford, at about 9.30pm on Friday 17 August.
The victim was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, in Nottingham. She was later discharged and has since made a full recovery.
Six people have previously been arrested in connection with the incident and all remain on bail pending further enquiries.
Nottinghamshire Police will be flooding the Old Basford area today (Tuesday 8 December) and handing out leaflets as part of the re-appeal for information as detectives believe someone in the community could have vital information about the incident.
Julie Furnival, East Midlands Regional Manager for Crimestoppers, said: “Police believe that the woman injured in the incident was an innocent bystander simply enjoying an evening out with friends.
“It is horrifying that people think they can fire a gun into a crowded public space and get away with it.
“We are committed to helping police trace the person or people responsible and I am urging anyone with information to contact Crimestoppers anonymously – we only want to know what you know, not who you are.”
If you have any information on this incident please contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through our secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
*Note – Rewards will only qualify for information passed through the Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 number that leads to an arrest and conviction.
For more information please contact Media Officer Kieran Theivam on 0208 835 3727 or email email@example.com.
NOTES TO EDITORS
If you wish to print a re-appeal beyond three months from the date of issue, please contact the Crimestoppers press office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crimestoppers UK is an independent charity which helps the police to solve crimes, making communities safer. It does this by operating the 24/7 telephone number 0800 555 111 which people can ring to pass on information about crimes anonymously. They can also use our ‘giving information’ form via our website www.crimestoppers-uk.org which is also accessible via internet-enabled mobile phones
- Around 22 people are arrested and charged every day as a result of information given to Crimestoppers UK.
- Since Crimestoppers UK began in 1988, it has received over a million actionable calls, resulting in over 117,000 arrests and charges. Over £124 million worth of goods has been recovered and over £271 million worth of drugs has been seized.
- In 2005, Crimestoppers UK launched the UK’s Most Wanted on its website which allows the public to view images of criminals and pass on vital information about their whereabouts. It has been highly successful with over 1,700 arrests to date.
- Crimestoppers UK was founded by Lord Ashcroft, KCMG, Chairman of Trustees, who in 1988 launched Crimestoppers UK in the Metropolitan Police area. Crimestoppers’ ‘call to action’ is built on a three-way partnership between the business community, the police and the media.
Sirazul ISLAM - Wanted for Failing to answer bail - Sexual Assault
Offence: Sexual crime
Offender failed to answer bail to be charged for sexual assault.
Darren Stevens has been volunteering for his local Crimestoppers committee for 16 years. With an extensive background in marketing and PR and running ...