Crimestoppers UK and Post Office offer reward of up to £5,000 for information on robbery in Greyabbey
Crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers UK and Post Office are today offering a reward of up to £5,000 for information on an armed robbery that took place in Greyabbey, County Down. [28 November 2012]
The robbery occurred in the Main Street area of Greyabbey on Tuesday 24 July at around 7.30pm when the shopkeeper was closing up.
Two men forced her back into the premises before escaping the scene with a sum of cash.
As a result of her ordeal, the shopkeeper had to be taken to hospital, where she received treatment for shock.
Nobody was hurt in the incident, but Crimestoppers UK and Post Office are offering a reward of up to £5,000 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person/s responsible for this crime.
Susan Brew, Crimestoppers UK manager for Northern Ireland, said: “This is an horrendous crime that has seen an innocent shopkeeper put through an ordeal that nobody in their work place should have to suffer.
“Those responsible for this crime must be brought to justice and I am appealing to anyone with information on this crime to contact Crimestoppers anonymously.”
Mark Gibson, Post Office spokesperson said: “The people who run our Post Office branches provide important services to local communities. Any robbery or attempted robbery is not only traumatic for those involved, but is also an attack on the local community.
“Post Office Ltd is supporting Crimestoppers in their efforts to apprehend those responsible and would urge anyone with information to come forward as soon as possible.”
If you have any information on this crime please contact Crimestoppers UK anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through our secure online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
*Please note rewards can only be claimed by giving information through Crimestoppers’ anonymous number 0800 555 111.
For more information please contact Crimestoppers UK Media Officer Kieran Theivam on 0208 835 3727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to Editors
- This reward is not to be republished after 1 February 2013 without first contacting the communications team at Crimestoppers UK email@example.com .
- Crimestoppers UK is an independent charity which helps the police to solve crimes, making communities safer. It does this by operating the 24/7 telephone number 0800 555 111 which people can ring to pass on information about crimes anonymously. They can also use our ‘giving information’ form via our website www.crimestoppers-uk.org which is also accessible via internet-enabled mobile phones
- Around 22 people are arrested and charged every day as a result of information given to Crimestoppers UK.
- Since Crimestoppers UK began in 1988, it has received over a million actionable calls, resulting in over 117,000 arrests and charges. Over £124 million worth of goods has been recovered and over £271 million worth of drugs has been seized.
- In 2005, Crimestoppers UK launched the UK’s Most Wanted on its website which allows the public to view images of criminals and pass on vital information about their whereabouts. It has been highly successful with over 1,700 arrests to date.
- Crimestoppers UK was founded by Lord Ashcroft, KCMG, Chairman of Trustees, who in 1988 launched Crimestoppers UK in the Metropolitan Police area. Crimestoppers’ ‘call to action’ is built on a three-way partnership between the business community, the police and the media.
Sirazul ISLAM - Wanted for Failing to answer bail - Sexual Assault
Offence: Sexual crime
Offender failed to answer bail to be charged for sexual assault.
Antoni Imiela was labeled the ‘M25 rapist' after his violent, year-long raping spree, when he attacked girls and women – from a 10-yea...